Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Korea has signed a work agreement with Sweden, which makes it possible for citizens from these countries to come to Sweden to work. The work permit is valid for one year and does not require you to have a work offer before you enter Sweden.
This means that you could come to Sweden (without a job offer) and search for a job here. If you find a job and want to stay in Sweden, for more than one year, you could then apply for a regular residence permit based on employment.
Requirements for work permits
- to be a citizen of either Australia, Canada, New Zealand or South Korea.
- to be between 18-30 years old.
- have at least 15 000 SEK, in order to support yourself initially in Sweden.
- have a return ticket or enough money to buy one.
- have a valid health insurance and valid passport.
Read more and apply at The Migration Board
Note: this type of work permits do not allow you to bring your children to Sweden.