Undutchables specializes on recruiting international talent for positions in international companies and organizations. After successfully growing their business in the Netherlands they are now expanding to Sweden. We met up with Karin Björkman, proud owner of Undutchables Sweden, to ask her what kind of talent they are looking for and why companies benefit from hiring internationals.
Presented by Undutchables
Karin Björkman, you left Sweden 25 years ago, why are you back in Sweden now?
– I have been working with Undutchables in the Netherlands for 17 years and I love the company! I once told the management that I would never leave unless they sent me to Sweden to work from there! So when Undutchables wanted to expand internationally, we looked at Sweden and here I am!
How does Undutchables distinguish itself from other recruitment agencies?
– Undutchables recruits internationals for international organizations! We like to build a strong network within the international community, with people from different backgrounds and expertise and connect people in order to achieve business goals.
What candidates are you looking for?
– We are interested in any candidate with an international view on the world and the right experience and expertise for the position we are looking for. This could be recent arrivals or returnees who has moved back to Sweden. We are interested in recruits with a good educational and/or professional experience in the fields of sales, marketing, IT development, finance etc.
Any language requirements?
– In terms of languages skills, the only requirement we have is that a candidate can speak English on a business level, although for some positions other language skills are needed. We are also working for international organizations who are looking for talent in Sweden, where native level Swedish can be a requirement.
How does the recruitment process work?
– We believe in building a long-term relationship with our candidates and clients. If we have a suitable opportunity, we meet up with our candidates either face to face or via Skype in order to get to know the person behind the resume. If we feel that the candidate is a suitable match, we introduce them to our client and help both parties throughout the whole recruitment process. After a couple of weeks we do a “follow up” to make sure the recruitment has been successful. We also interview people pro actively in order to build our network.
What kind of companies do you collaborate with?
– We help companies in any area of business that are looking to expand their business internationally. We also have a network of international companies looking for talent in Sweden.
You work with an unusual business plan for the recruitment market. Can you tell us a bit about it?
– We work on a “no cure no pay” basis. This means we only invoice our clients once a candidate has actually started working for them. So you can imagine how hard we work to find a suitable candidate. We walk that extra mile because if we don’t deliver, we don’t get paid!
Do you charge the candidates for your services?
– No, our services are free of charge for the candidates.
You mentioned that Undutchables wanted to expand internationally. Why did you decide on Sweden?
– Sweden is globalizing and needs to ensure it attracts the right talent with an international perspective in order to compete on the global market. Sweden needs Undutchables! The start up scene in Sweden is operating with English as a company language. Many of our clients in The Netherlands have offices here or are planning to entering the Swedish market so we can guide and assist them with their recruitment needs in Sweden.
Does Sweden and Holland differ when it comes to international recruitment?
– Yes, Sweden is about 10 years behind the Netherlands when it comes to diversity and seeing the added value of hiring a candidate with an international background. Also, I think the decision-making is sometimes more efficient in the Netherlands.
So, which are the benefits of hiring international talents?
– When hiring international talents, you don’t only get the right skills, but also the benefit of being exposed to new ideas, cultures and perspectives that can help the company grow. Employing international people from different backgrounds, education and areas of expertise can really add value to the existing employees by inspiring them to be more creative and use other problem solving methods.
Would you like to learn more about Undutchables? Do visit their website and make sure to follow them on their social media to keep yourself updated with the latest news and developments. You find Undutchables on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram.