Are you interested in making life easier for Newbies in Sweden? Do you have skills you think can be useful and do you have time to share? And are you looking for an exciting project to sink your teeth into? Then volunteering with the Newbie Guide to Sweden can be just the thing.
We are always looking for skilled and inspirational people who would like to contribute with us. The team behind the Newbie Guide is small and ambitious and when you join us, you become part of an active group with a lot of ideas and action.
- Guest blogger volunteers: we are always looking for people would like to join our amazing team of bloggers, and contribute to the Newbie community in Sweden by sharing your experiences with our readers!
- Project-based volunteers: we sometimes develop specific projects that could use the help video producers, digital marketers, SEO experts, social media wizards… are you one of these? Please say hi!
Please note that we only accept volunteers who are already living in Sweden and that we can not provide accommodation.
What volunteering with us means
- A chance to be part of something that really makes a difference for Newbies in Sweden.
- A chance to meet with interesting people and organizations that work with integration.
- A chance to add skills and experience to your CV.
- A letter of recommendation at the end of your volunteering term.
- Please note that we are not currently able to pay our volunteers.
“The Newbie is a heart project that has been going strong since 2011. But as many heart projects it is not always something you can invest your entire work day. The Newbie Team is dedicated and passionate but we all work on Newbie as a side project which means that no one on the team is currently being paid – yes that means the founders as well.” (Julieta Spoerer, CEO)
What we look for in our volunteers
- You believe in the need for efficient integration.
- You can commit to the tasks and goals agreed with you.
- You are comfortable working remotely and on a flexible schedule.
- You are available for eventual meetings if needed.
- You feel fairly comfortable speaking English (Swedish is not needed).
Use the contact form below to send us some information about yourself. Who are you, what are your skills, and what is your interest in the Newbie Guide to Sweden. We’ll get in touch to discuss more details, and how we can collaborate.
We look forward to hearing from you!