Temporary residence

temporary permit

A temporary residence permit – a so called tidsbegränsat uppehållstillstånd, allows you to live and work in Sweden for a limited period of time (mostly two years).

You will probably start your time in Sweden by getting a temporary residence permit the first time you apply – if you meet all the requirements of course.

This means that you will have to make a second application before your current permit expires, if you want to stay in Sweden for a longer period of time.


Don’t miss out! Get updates on new articles, opportunities and other goodies by signing up for our newsletter.