Sweden is a great place for work. The country is known for equality, pragmatism, and a healthy work-life balance. At the same time, many international professionals experience confusion and culture shock as soon as they start working for a Swedish organization. Why does everyone seem so lazy? Why do we never reach a decision in meetings? Why do my colleagues seem so uninterested in me? What should I wear when it’s minus 15 C outside and I have an important meeting? What skills personality traits are valued by Swedish employers? How do I make a good impression.
In this course, you will learn about the most important practical and cultural issues you will experience during your first year at work:
- Connect to your colleagues and build a professional network.
- Keep track of the most essential paperwork as you start working for a Swedish company.
- Adapt your expectations and work commitment according to the changing seasons, and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
- Invest your efforts strategically by understanding what virtues Swedish employers value in their co-workers.
- Look professional and feel comfortable despite the Nordic weather and climate.
I am Sofi and I have helped international professionals to integrate into the Swedish job market since 2008. I have created this course for international professionals who are new to the Swedish job market. This course will help you to get a good start to your new job, and you should ideally take it at some point during your first year of employment.