The Newbie Guide to Sweden is growing which means that we are looking for a business development manager and part owner to join the Newbie Guide to Sweden team. Are you the right person?
What we offer
Before you apply it is important that you are aware that the Newbie Guide to Sweden is a heart project. Every one involved in the Newbie Guide currently does this on a part time and volunteer basis. However, we offer part ownership and company shares to the person that joins our team in the role of business development manager with the goal that everyone on the team receive a salary within the near future.
Who we look for
The Newbie Guide to Sweden relies heavily on our partner collaborations so we are looking for someone with previous experience in the field who is eager to grow and develop our partnerships and business. Focus areas for you would be:
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Work with the marketing team to create good development and sales opportunities.
- Generate new business leads and generate sales.
- Be part of the the board and participate in the planning, focus and development of The Newbie Guide.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and partners.
Who you are
In order to be a good fit for this job you need to have some or all of the following:
- A drive to seek new business.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- A good level of written English.
- At least an intermediate level of Swedish as many of our clients and potential clients prefer to do business in Swedish.
- Be comfortable working independently and hav strong organisational skills.
Some practical things
- As this is not a paid job (apart from company shares), we do not expect you to work full time or to be able to work on all tasks simultaneously.
- We work based on an OKR model which means that we set focus areas, tasks and goals on a quarterly basis which will impact and limit what tasks you have to work on at any given time.
- Our work happens online so you can be live anywhere in Sweden.
- As you will be part owner, you need to have a personal number and be already living in Sweden.
If you think this sounds interesting, please send us a note using the form below. Tell us about yourself, your experiences and interests in regards to this position, your availability and a link to a CV and content produced by you.
If you have any questions regarding who we are, what we do and why we need volunteers, you will get answers here.
We look forward to hearing from you!