Gambling in Sweden is enforced by the Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA), who are renowned for their stringent gambling laws. For the safety of the community they guard, they have restrictions on how many bonuses Swedes are allowed to claim from online casino license holders. Let’s have a look at the reasons this restriction is in place, and how it affects players’ gambling experiences. We will also show how to locate newly licensed online casinos in Sweden.
Advertised by nyakasino.se
The SGA took learnings from other countries, which before them have regulated their own online casino markets; like the UK. Regulation is essential to stop the nation’s wealth from bleeding out, and, more importantly, to protect citizens from being preyed on by entities outside their jurisdiction.
Why the restriction is in place
Casino players are often tempted to bet more money than they should. It is generally up to the player to play responsibly but luring players in with more bonuses errs on the side of unethical. It also prevents businesses from enticing customers with bonuses by using implausible or deceptive terms.
Decision makers in the regulation of Swedish online casinos
- The Swedish Gambling Authority: The SGA is responsible for the regulation and oversight of the gambling industry in Sweden. They issue licenses to online casinos, monitor compliance with regulations, and enforce penalties for violations.
- The Government of Sweden: The government sets the overall framework for gambling regulations in the country and works closely with the SGA to develop and implement policies.
- The Lotteriinspektionen: This agency is responsible for enforcing gambling laws and regulations, and for investigating and acting against illegal gambling activities.
- The National Council on Problem Gambling: This organization provides advice and recommendations to the government and the SGA on measures to address problem gambling.
Finding Newly Licensed Online Casinos
It can be a little difficult to locate newly licenced online casinos in Sweden, but there are a few ways to stay in the loop. One way is to look for a list of authorised online casinos on the SGA official website (Listed in the sources below). This site lists all available valid online casino licenses. You should also visit websites like https://www.nyakasino.se/; who list the recently licenced online casinos in Sweden, and offer reviews and comparisons about the casinos.
Public Opinion on Online Gambling Industry in Sweden
Sweden’s government has been debating how to best regulate online gambling for the past few years. While many people support the Swedish Gambling Authority’s (SGA) strict regulations to protect consumers from problem gambling, others argue that the regulations are too restrictive and limit players’ freedom of choice.
- According to a 2019 survey by the SGA, most Swedes (70%) support the government’s regulation of the gambling market and think the laws currently in place are effective at preventing problem gambling among consumers.
- A survey by the Swedish National Public Health Institute found that from 15% in 2010 to 26% in 2019, the population’s percentage of online gamblers has increased. This suggests that Sweden is becoming a more popular market for online gambling.
- According to a 2018 survey by the SGA and the National Institute for Public Health, 2.3% of people between the ages of 16 and 85 have a gambling problem, which is slightly less than the 3% European average.
Overall, the cap on the number of bonuses that Swedish players can receive from a single casino licence holder exists to protect consumers from problem gambling and getting exploited. While this may limit some players’ gaming experiences, it is an important step towards ensuring that the gambling industry in Sweden is run responsibly and ethically.
- Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA) official website.
- The Swedish Gambling Market.
- New Casinos.
- Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA) overview.
- Lotteriinspektionen official website.
- National Council on Problem Gambling official website.
- Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA) survey 2019.
- Survey by the Swedish National Public Health Institute.
- Survey by the National Institute for Public Health (FHI) and the Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA) 2018.
- Online casinos in Sweden
Leave a Reply