Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start looking for work. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Register at the Employment office – Arbetsförmedlingen. This you must do at one of their offices.
- Look for jobs at Arbetsförmedlingen. (This section is in Swedish so you may need help from a friend).
- Read up about being new in Sweden at Arbetsförmedlingen.
- Tell family and friends that you are looking for a job.
- Verbalize your knowledge, your experiences and talents in a CV and personal letter.
- Use social media to let people know you are looking for work.
- Take personal contact with possible employers.
- Want to start your own business? Arbetsförmedlingen can help newbies in this venture. (This page is in Swedish but there are PDF’s in a number of languages)
E-learning courses for your best job experience
Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed about finding work in Sweden? Or do you have a job and feel your salary doesn’t match your skills. Or, do you not quite get the unwritten rules at your new job? We’ve got you covered. We know how hard it can be to find a job, get the right pay and feel comfortable in your new Swedish job so we’ve created digital courses with all the information you need:
After finishing these courses, you will be able to navigate your Swedish work situation with skill and comfort.
Missing something? Or does something feel unclear? Contact us and help us improve.