Welcome to the course Preparing your move to Sweden. If you are taking this course, chances are that you are moving to Sweden and that you are slightly stressed about all the things you need to know and do and about those things that you don’t know but that you sort of think that you should know. Know the feeling?
What you will learn
- Short (and long facts) about Sweden.
- The history and background of Sweden in regards to democracy, religious freedom, gender equality, social security, child welfare and LGBTQIA+.
- The types of visas and residence permits that are available plus the requirements.
- Important Swedish agencies, and trust us, you DO need to know about these ones.
- How to find a place to stay and how to avoid rental fraud.
- How to pack for your move depending on the season.
- And there will be some quizzes to make sure you are paying attention and not falling asleep at your screen.
After finishing this course, you will have a greater understanding of what has made Sweden what it is today, how you best prepare for a move here and to get your stay here started in the best manner.
Your course is created by Julieta Spoerer
Julieta founded The Newbie Guide to Sweden in 2015 together with two brave partners in order to ease the journey for newbies in Sweden. Even though Julieta isn’t a newbie in Sweden herself, she has been a newbie in other countries and a newbie in different life situations enough times to know how hard it can be to catapult yourself into new geographical, practical and emotional situations. This has been the driving force behind her work for Newbie Guide and Newbie Learn and why she keeps going when an undisturbed vacation would be so much nicer:-).
The course is like a one-stop-shop for all the information you need about Sweden that will help you ease your move. It is also useful how it was divided into sections. If I were to find information about preparing for my move to Sweden, I will probably spend a lot of time gathering the details. This course included everything I should know. The amount of information there is worth every penny.