There is a law in Sweden, called Smittskyddslagen that regulates sexually transmitted infections, STI’s. The purpose of the law is to reduce their spreading. It is free of charge to get exanimated and treated for these diseases in Sweden. Smittskyddslagen covers the following STI’s:
- HIV & AIDS
- Hepatitis B and C
You are obliged to test yourself if there is a risk that you’ve been infected by an STI. You must also help track previous partners, so that possibly infected previous or current partners can be found, tested and treated.
You can test yourself for STI’s at a:
- Ungdomsmottagning – Youth Clinic.
- Gynmottagning – Gynaecological Clinic.
- Venereologmottagning – Venereology Clinic.
- Barnmorskemottagning/Mödravårdsmottagnig – Maternal Care Centre.
- Hud- och könsmottagning – Skin and venereal Clinic.
- Vårdcentral – Health Centre.
HIV quick test
For men who have sex with men
There are health centre´s in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö that are especially geared towards men who have sexual intercourse with men. Find out more here.
Missing something? Or does something feel unclear? Contact us and help us improve.
Don’t miss out! Get updates on new articles, opportunities and other goodies by signing up for our newsletter.