Register with the Swedish Social Insurance Agency

Social insurance/صندوق الضمان الاجتماعي

You can get social insurance by registering with The Swedish Social Insurance Agency – Försäkringskassan. They administrates several social benefits and allowances.

Some of these benefits are rather famous as they have repeatedly been subject to international discussions and debate over the years.

The most well known social benefits

You need to specifically register with the Swedish Social Insurance Agency – Försäkringskassan – even though you’re already registered with Swedish Tax Agency – Skatteverket.

This is how you register for social insurance

  • Start by filling out this application form and send it to Försäkringskassan.
  • We recommend that you do so immediately after receiving your personal identification number –personnummer from the Tax Agency – Skatteverket.
  • You find information in different languages here.


Don’t miss out! Get updates on new articles, opportunities and other goodies by signing up for our newsletter.